Marketing & Communications Associate
Part Time – 30 Hours Per Week
Minneapolis, MN, US
Requisition ID : 1074
Great People. Great Mission. Great Benefits.
A community driven to find a cure.
With a bold vision of life without brain disease, the American Brain Foundation supports research to help diagnose, treat, and cure brain diseases and disorders that affect one in six people worldwide. Established in 1992 by the American Academy of Neurology (AAN), the world’s largest association of neurologists, the American Brain Foundation shares a headquarters with the AAN in downtown Minneapolis. The American Brain Foundation’s unique partnership with the AAN allows the Foundation to have access to the best and brightest minds to identify and support the most high-risk and high-reward neurologic research.
The AAN’s headquarters, built in 2012, is a beautiful, energy-efficient office in the vibrant Mill District, just steps from the light rail, major bus lines, great parking options, walking/biking paths, and countless dining and entertainment options.
The Marketing and Communications Associate is instrumental in broadening awareness of the foundation nationwide – driving the implementation of the new brand guidelines and expanding the digital strategy and presence. This role will collaborate with Mission Advancement team members to execute multichannel marketing and fundraising strategies. Additionally, will also represent the foundation at conferences and events throughout the U.S. and Canada each year.
• Support and contribute to key digital marketing elements for awareness-raising and fundraising campaigns
• Manage content on foundation’s website, social media channels and crowd funding site
• Coordinates the editorial calendar to determine content based on foundation’s key messages, activities and partnerships in collaboration with editorial team
• Design and distribute emails to constituents in collaboration with team
• Track and report on reach, engagement and outcomes for all digital channels
• Collateral design and production
• Advertising calendar and content
• Represent the foundation at various neurological and disease related conferences throughout the country, as needed
• Coordinate experiential marketing efforts for foundation’s presence at key conferences
• Collaborate with events manager to identify and align public relations opportunities with major fundraising events
• Coordinate and maintain relationships with search and display agencies, graphic designers, videographers and printer and production vendors to ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables
• Maintain relationship with external graphic design partner and videographer
• Monitor media coverage, specific to foundation using media tracking tools (i.e. google alerts)
• Develop and distribute press releases
This job description may not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelor’s degree required in Marketing/Communications
• Minimum of 3 years of experience
• Years of experience can be substituted for some of the education listed above
• Demonstrated experience utilizing digital and other channels in integrated marketing, communication and fundraising strategies required
• Experience with print and digital design software preferred
• Experience in WordPress and basic understanding of HTML/CSS preferred
• Social media campaign experience preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Adaptable, critical thinker – enthusiastic about collaboration
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Able to use discretion and safeguard confidential information
• Self-starter capable of exercising judgement with limited direct supervision
• Able to prioritize and meet deadlines in fast-paced environment while maintaining flexibility
• Willing to follow directions and able to work well as part of a team
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
• Passion for making a positive and lasting impact in the world
• Knowledge of experiential marketing strategies
• Understanding and application of donor engagement and stewardship strategies
• Experience with SharePoint
• Photography and videography skills are a plus
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION:
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Travel Requirements: Some travel up to 10%, Ability to legally travel outside of the United States, particularly but not limited to Canada.
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Schedule: Part time position at 30 hours a week; Some evenings and weekends required;
Physical Requirements: Standard office setting, with ability to sit for long periods of time, occasional use of stairs; regular use of computer and office equipment, lifting up to 10 lbs. The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If our great people, great mission, and great location weren’t enough, we offer great benefits that work as hard for you as you do for us.
• Twenty-two days of paid personal time off (PTO) in the first year (Prorated based on hours worked)
• Twelve paid holidays per year in addition to PTO (Prorated based on hours worked)
• Company contribution equal to 10.5 percent of salary to AAN employee 401K retirement savings account
• Medical insurance
• Dental insurance (free employee coverage)
• Life and AD&D insurance—premiums covered 100 percent by the AAN
• Long-term disability insurance fully funded—covered 100 percent by the AAN
• Short-term disability insurance fully funded—covered 100 percent by the AAN
• ID theft protection
• Travel insurance
• Flexible spending plan
• Tuition reimbursement
• Parking subsidy
• Dry cleaning (free pickup and delivery)
• Wellness offerings (mindfulness courses, yoga classes, walking/running club)
• On-site workout facility
The American Academy of Neurology and the American Brain Foundation are equal opportunity employers.