Current Job Openings
Annual Fund Manager
The Annual Fund Manager is responsible for significant growth of the American Brain Foundation’s donor base and to increase support for the core mission. This position is responsible for all Annual Fund Campaigns. At the American Brain Foundation, the Annual Fund is defined as single philanthropic gifts (as opposed to established reoccurring gifts, which are defined as sustaining gifts) and focuses largely on acquisition and outreach.
To ensure execution of a robust and challenging annual fundraising plan, this position will work in collaboration with the Gift Officer; both positions are managed by the Director of Development. These positions share a joint fundraising goal, as well as having individual goals for respective efforts.
- With the Director of Development, Marketing Communications Manager, and Gift Officer, help create communication calendar and establish details for the annual fundraising plan to achieve overall strategic efforts.
- Support and develop efforts to deepen segmentation of Foundation donors
- Responsible for budgeting, organization, and production of materials for assigned areas
- Provide regular reports to the Director of Development tracking implementation, progress, results and ROI for individual fundraising activities in assigned areas
- Support branding and messaging strategies in all donor communications
- Develop, execute and oversee annual fund plan to increase the number of annual donors and renew annual support of assigned donors. This includes a multi-faceted approach with direct mail and e-mail solicitations, as well as social media outreach.
- Establish acquisition and growth strategies to increase awareness and further build the Foundation’s donor base to reach a broad audience
- Develop and execute plan to engage Brain and Life subscribers
- Responsible for dues check-off and honoraria given by members of the American Academy of Neurology. Create plan to strengthen communication and build this area of philanthropy.
- Invite and inspire staff of the AAN and ABF to financially support the Foundation.
- Be aware and sensitive to all segments of donors; specifically, assigned and major donors, and the segment of historic donors targeted to become sustaining donors.
- Manage strategy and implementation of the American Brain Foundation’s third party fundraising
- Develop and manage process for matching gifts received by the Foundation
- Identify annual donors who have the potential to become sustaining donors or are major donor prospects.
- Responsible for the American Brain Foundation’s booth at the American Academy of Neurology’s Annual Meeting each spring. This includes the development of annual theme and design as well as providing opportunities for AAN Members to support the Foundation and deepen their understanding of our mission
- Ensure staff are adequately trained to support the booth’s activities and establish booth schedule.
- In partnership with the Executive Coordinator, ensure deadlines are met.
- Responsible for organization and coordination of public centered events to build awareness, increase donor prospects, and secure philanthropic gifts as determined appropriate for the event.
- Currently, this includes the American Brain Foundation’s presence at the AAN’s Brain Health Fair at the Annual Meeting and annual Bike Helmet Giveaway held in Minneapolis.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience: 3-5 years of related professional experience
- Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; minimum 2 years development experience, including annual campaign work; knowledge of direct mail fundraising, including experience with list development, production, working with printers and mail houses; knowledge of fundraising databases, Raisers Edge experience a plus
- Supervisory Responsibilities: No supervisory responsibility
- Travel Requirements: Minimal, but some, travel required
Click here to apply!