Great People. Great Mission. Great Location.
A community driven to find a cure.
Since 1992, the American Brain Foundation has been investing in research to end the battle against brain diseases and disorders. We are a community foundation in relentless pursuit to identify causes, improve treatments, and discover cures. We unite donors and researchers to impact patient lives and those around them. We invest in research of the whole brain and all nervous system disorders knowing they are interconnected. This holistic, innovative approach allows us to build bridges between diseases and break new ground in research and application. Believing in a whole brain approach gives us an edge in understanding and combating brain disease. We understand that when we cure one of them, we will cure many.
Do you relish the idea of working in a beautiful new office building in downtown Minneapolis’s exciting and vibrant Mill District, just steps from the light rail, major bus lines, walking/biking paths, and countless dining and entertainment options? Your search just ended.
American Brain Foundation Mission Advancement Associate
The Mission Advancement Associate is a key execution partner for the fundraising and marketing strategies at the American Brain Foundation. This role will collaborate with the Mission Advancement team to promote the foundation’s mission and raise critical funds supporting research to cure brain diseases and disorders.
As a young and rapidly growing foundation located in Minneapolis’ Mill City neighborhood, this new position will have opportunities to drive the implementation of the foundation’s new brand guidelines, actively engage in annual fund growth via multichannel strategies, direct advertising initiatives, represent the foundation at the American Academy of Neurology’s Annual Meeting each year in various locations throughout the U.S. and Canada, and coordinate the efforts of a robust and comprehensive Fundraising and Marketing team.
Primary Duties including, but not limited to:
- Project management (coordination and logistics):
- Direct mail campaigns
- Fundraising/Special events
- Marketing initiatives
- Print materials
- Vendor management
- Team Back-Up Duties
- Gift entry in fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge)
- Production and administration of donor acknowledgement letters
- Research on current and prospective individual and institutional donors
- Blackbaud Grantmaking Gifts Online backup support
- Social media monitor
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Mission Advancement Manager
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Experience: 2-3 years of relevant experience in a nonprofit support role – preferably fundraising
- Adaptable, critical thinker – enthusiastic about collaboration
- Strong project management skills: manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; excellent listening skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and flexible in nature
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to work independently
- Exceptional donor-centric “customer service” skills
- Travel to Annual Meeting (location varies and periodically requires passport)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience managing vendors
- Experience with client relationship management (CRM) systems in nonprofit setting
- Position requires ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time, close vision, ability to adjust focus and see color
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Copy writing experience (bonus if fundraising copy writing)
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge fundraising software (bonus if RE certified)
- Understanding and application of donor engagement and stewardship strategies
- Experience with SharePoint
- Social media strategy planning/writing/execution
Supervisory Responsibilities: No supervisory responsibilities
Physical Demands: Ability to sit for long periods of time
Travel Requirements: Some travel required
If our great people, great mission, and great location weren’t enough, we offer great benefits that work as hard for you as you do for us.
- Twenty-two days of paid personal time off (PTO) in the first year
- Twelve paid holidays per year in addition to PTO
- Company contribution of 10.5% to employee 401K retirement savings account
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance (free employee coverage)
- Life and AD&D insurance – premiums covered 100% by AAN
- Long-term disability insurance fully funded – covered 100% by AAN
- Short-term disability insurance fully funded – covered 100% by AAN
- ID Theft Protection
- Travel insurance
- Flexible spending plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Parking Subsidy
- Dry Cleaning (free pick up & delivery)
- Wellness offerings (mindfulness courses, yoga classes, walking/running club)
- On-site workout facility
American Brain Foundation
201 Chicago Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Apply at: https://www.aan.com/AAN-Resources/Details/about-the-aan/work-at-the-aan/. Submit application by Friday, January 25, 2019.
The American Brain Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.