Brain Health Fair
Information on the 2014 Brain Health Fair will be available soon. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2013 Brain Health Fair, was presented by the American Brain Foundation, took place March 16 at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel in San Diego, CA.
The Brain Health Fair is a FREE, daylong family event connecting thousands of patients, families, and caregivers affected by a brain disease, as well as the general public interested in brain health. Participants can attend classes and activities on Alzheimer's disease, stroke, Parkinson's disease, brain injury, epilepsy, headache, multiple sclerosis, sleep disorders and other types of brain disease.
Each year the Brain Health Fair is scheduled during the opening day of the American Academy of Neurology's Annual Meeting, which brings over 12,000 neurologists and health care professionals into a participating U.S. city. The 2014 Annual Meeting will be held in Philadelphia, PA.
2013 Brain Health Fair Topics
William C. Mobley, MD, PhD
James Brewer, MD, PhD
Liana Apostolova, MD
Rachelle S. Doody, MD, PhD, FAAN
John M. Stern, MD, FAAN
Linda M. Selwa, MD, FAAN
Mary L. Zupanc, MD, FAAN
Evelyn Tecoma, MD, PhD
Vicente Iragui–Madoz, MD*
Emily Rubenstein Engel, MD
Charles C. Flippen II, MD, FAAN
Mollie Johnston, MD
Nina Schor, MD, PhD
Barbara S. Giesser, MD, FAAN
Aaron E. Miller, MD, FAAN
Irene Litvan, MD, FAAN*
Ryan Walsh, MD, PhD
Jorge L. Juncos MD
Fredy J. Revilla MD
Christopher Giza, MD
Vernon Williams, MD
Yolanda Holler, MD
Stephanie Lessig, MD
Brett C. Meyer, MD
Alexander A. Khalessi, MD, MS
Thomas Martin Hemmen, MD, PhD
Traumatic Brain Injury/Sports Concussion
Other Brain Disease
*Will present the Brain Health Class in Spanish
Advances in Neurology
Hear from the best and brightest in neurology, bringing attendees up–to–speed on the latest discoveries and new directions in neurologic medicine relevant to patient outcomes.
Patients, caregivers, and families can learn about new tools, observe medical equipment in action, and gain awareness of the benefits of nutrition and emotional health. Patient groups will present helpful resources and provide health screenings. Attendees can pick up copies of the American Brain Foundation's patient video series, as well as the latest issue of Neurology Now®, the AAN's patient magazine.
The brain and all its wonders is the highlight for kids and teens and adults in a fun, educational experience aimed at families. Attendees will learn about the brain, how it works, the field of neurology, and what a neurologist does. Activities are planned for three age groups.
Preventative Health Booths
AAN member neurologists will be staffing booths focusing on preventative care. Additional partner associations provide a variety of other healthy–living tips and educational programming in the Exhibit Hall.
Brain Health Classes
Expert neurologists will lead educational sessions on a variety of neurologic topics. Brain Health Classes will empower patients and the public through healthy–living tips, prevention, and practical advice.
Neuro Film Festival
View video entries of the 2013 Neuro Film Festival® competition, an international event highlighting videos from patients and loved ones affected by brain disease.
Information on the 2014 Brain Health Fair Exhibitor Packages will be available soon. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Brain Foundation
- Acoustic Neuroma Association, San Diego Support Group
- Allergan, Inc.
- Alzheimer's Association of San Diego
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association
- Angel Books
- Banding Together
- Benign Essential Blepharospasm Research Foundation, Inc.
- Biogen Idec
- CCSVI Alliance Inc
- CDC/ATSDR-National ALS Registry
- Child Neurology Foundation
- Dance for PD/Mark Morris Dance Group
- Debbie Petrina Author/Counselor: Multiple Sclerosis
- Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center
- Dysautonomia International
- Dystonia Medical Research Foundation
- Genzyme®, a Sanofi Company
- The Glenner Memory Care Centers
- HDYO (Huntington's Disease Youth Organization)
- Huntington's Disease Society of America
- Marbles: The Brain Store
- Myelin Repair Foundation
- National Ataxia Foundation
- National Headache Foundation
- National Institute of Neurologic Disorders and Stroke
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Pacific South Coast Chapter
- National Spasmodic Torticollis Association
- Neurology Now Magazine
- Parkinson's Action Network
- Parkinson's Association of Los Angeles
- Parkinson's Association of San Diego
- Parkinson's Disease Foundation
- Perception Dynamics Institute
- Purdue Pharma L.P.
- Resounding Joy, Inc.
- San Diego Brain Injury Foundation
- San Diego Brain Tumor Foundation
- San Diego Psychological Association
- SD Community College District, CE Acquired Brain Injury Programs
- Southern Caregiver Resource Center
- Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- TEVA Neuroscience, Inc.
- UCB Inc.
- UC San Diego Movement Disorder Center
- University of California San Diego, Comprehensive Alzheimer's Program
- University of Southern California
- Well Spouse Association
Event Sponsorship Packages
2013 Brain Health Fair Sponsors:
Brain Health Fair Notice and Conditions
The activities conducted and content distributed at the American Brain Foundation's Brain Health Fair are for educational purposes only and do not constitute or substitute professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
The American Brain Foundation does not recommend or endorse any specific physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned at the Brain Health Fair. Reliance on any information provided is solely at attendee's own risk.
The Foundation is not liable to any attendee or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by based on reliance upon the information provided at the Brain Health Fair. Attendee assumes any and all liability associated with attendance/participation at the Brain Health Fair. The Foundation is not liable for any claims whatsoever for personal injury, illness, death, or damages of any kind as a result of or caused by attendance/participation at the Brain Health Fair.
Attendance/participation is voluntary. All portions of the Brain Health Fair may be photographed, videotaped and/or recorded for future rebroadcast, distribution, promotion, or other commercial purpose. By attending the Brain Health Fair you are consenting to being recorded, photographed, and/or videotaped without payment or remuneration of any kind. Any recording, photographs or videos of any nature are the sole property of the Foundation.
Children must be escorted and supervised by an adult at all times. Child supervision is not provided at the American Brain Foundation's Brain Health Fair.